A couple of months ago I agreed / asked to completely re-design and re-make my fiancé’s parents wedding album for them. They have been married 36 years as of May 9th.
After looking at their wedding album, I noticed that the images have faded considerably losing a lot of the original color. Photo chemicals are just not rated to hold up that long, especially not from pictures that are from that long ago. Today's inks and chemicals are a lot better but even they fade over a long enough period of time. I suggested to my future in-laws, that I first start by scanning and restoring all of original photographs in the album so that they could have a digital backup copy. There are only (18) 10x10 prints in the entire album, which is far different from today’s albums. In addition, my future in-laws found an envelope of pictures in their house (non-professional) from their wedding (photos that the "professional photographer" did not capture) that I am scanning and restoring as well that will be added to the new flush mount album.
As I was just starting to feel like I could really create a nice modern album with the pictures that I now have, I got a call from my fiancé’s mom telling me that her sister found about 60 additional images from their wedding day and that they are going to overnight them to me. The pictures arrived today and I am very excited because I finally feel that now I can successfully tell the story of their day and preserve the memories for another 35 years. I finally understand a lot more of their special day.
This project is a lot of work but it is a project that is incredibly exciting to me. I can't wait to see the finished product and be able to hand over the brand new revised, refreshed, redesigned, and restored wedding album.
Here are a couple of images that arrived today as well as some of the restored originals. Enjoy!!






6/05/2007
A Wedding Album Revised
Posted by
Robert J. Trenske
at
4:35:00 PM
Labels: Albums
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment