1/25/2008

The Album Process

So I should first start off by saying, I have been a huge slacker with my blogging. I have been so busy lately with so many things that I just haven't had a chance to blog. I will be sharing so many great things that I have been doing with all of you soon.

But first, many people do not know the work that has to be done to create a beautiful flush mount album like the albums that I offer to all of my clients. Other than shooting the actual photos at an engagement session or wedding there are a variety of steps that I follow to create the book. After we pick the photos for the album (something that my clients get to do - of course I also suggest which photos will work the best) I design the 2 page spreads and place the proofs online for client approval. After my clients approve my design, I electronically send my photo lab all of the spreads and individual page so they can be printed. I then receive the finished spreads. This is the part where I really get to see the book start to take shape. I layout all of the spreads and pages in order and make sure everything came out great. After I check and re-check I send the spreads and pages off to my album company for binding and anxiously await the finished album.

This is the time of year where I do the most albums. I have been working on many engagement and wedding albums and recently received the prints for Carolina & Angelo's Engagement Album. Here is a picture of all of the spreads laid out before sending them to Kambara (my awesome album company). I will be sure to blog more often. Happy Friday!

No comments: