2/03/2008

John McCain @ SHU

Today John McCain and his entourage came to Sacred Heart for a presidential rally. I was asked to photograph the event for the university. It was certainly a crazy day. John McCain and his wife Cindy were obviously there along with Joe Liberman among other politicians. Dr. Cernera, (the 2nd photo below) president of Sacred Heart participated in introducing the presidential candidate.

There was tons of state and national press there and I was certainlly not the only photographer. Whenever I photograph events like this, I like to get to a place where no one else is photographing from. It makes my photos more unique and from a different vantage point. I was able to get far above the crowd which gave me a great angle. I got some really great shots that captured the energy and craziness in the room. By the way, just in case anyone is interested, posting these pictures in no way endorses my political views. That being said here are a few photos from the day.











1 comment:

John Galayda said...

nice images Rob! Great perspectives and I love the punchy toning. I'll definitely be using many in the next magazine issue.

So it was nice working with you other day. we'll have to meet up for a beer some evening. I just linked you on my blog. keep in touch.