4/01/2008

New Prime Lens!!

I have been waiting a really long time to get this lens. It is Canon's 85mm F1.2 lens and wow is it a great lens. It came in today, only minutes ago. I can't wait to shoot with it!! This lens is an amazing portrait lens and has GREAT bokeh.

6 comments:

jOe_Soko said...

ooooohhhhhh 1.2

Robert J. Trenske said...

It is seriously one incredible lens, shooting at 1.2 especially for portraits is something very special.

Anonymous said...

hey robert - love your work. i'm a canon prime lens addict and have been thinking of trading my 85 1.8 for this baby. Have you tried the 1.8? Have any comparisons?

Robert J. Trenske said...

Hey Eric, Thank you for your compliments on my work. I am actually on your blog often as well and love your style. Is your blog custom? I have been meaning to drop you a line about that, its a great blog.

About the 1.8, the 1.2 is amazing, I personally think there is a big difference. The 1.2 is incredible in low light situations and of course the background blur is something very special. My one an only down side is that it is slow to foucs, but that is barely a problem. I would highly recommend getting the 1.2, you won't be disappointed.

Are you going to be at the April 16th Pug or the lunch on the 14th?

Anonymous said...

I have the 50mm 1.2 and absolutely love it. I'll probably be switching from the 85 1.8 to 1.2 soon. I have a wordpress blog with a template I downloaded and then made some tweaks to the code (colors, etc.) But no, technically it's not custom. I can't make the lunch but will probably be at the 4/16 Pug - see you then?

Robert J. Trenske said...

Hey Eric, the 50 1.2 is probably the next lens I would get. Thank you for letting me know about your blog. I have been trying to figure out which way to go with my blog in hopes of always improving. I will be at the Pug, see you then!