8/20/2008

Leroi Moore (DMB)

I just found out that Leroi Moore from the Dave Matthews Band passed away yesterday from complications stringing from a ATV accident in June. This came as a complete surprise and as I am writing this post I am still completly blown away.

I have been a huge fan of the Dave Matthews Band for more years than I can count. I attended 20 of their concerts and grew up listening to their music. To me Leroi was always one of the most amazing musicians in the band, his talent was incredible in the fact that he could play all the different types of saxophone as well as flute and piccolo. And the best part was that he could to it back to back without missing a beat. He was an amazing musician.

This is certainly a sad day for the band, the fans and most importantly the family and friends of Leroi, he was only 46. The band will never be the same. Our prayers are with everyone who was close to Leroi.

2 comments:

carla ten eyck said...

This blew me away too- it is so sad...

Robin Dini Photography said...

wow! that's the first i heard of that. i actually have a picture of myself with him. I met him backstage when I was in high school. so sad. he was so talented.