This morning we met my cousin Chris and his fiance Kate at Southern Connecticut State University to shoot their engagement session. I will be photographing their wedding on the fourth of July weekend of next year. Chris and Kate met at Southern while they were in school. Chris (along with being a police officer) works for the athletic department at the university so we had access to all of the fields and athletic buildings. It was a really fun session, here are some of the photos from the day!


















5/29/2008
Kate & Christopher's Engagement
Posted by
Robert J. Trenske
at
6:33:00 PM
Labels: Engagement Sessions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


25 comments:
I love how each time I look at your stuff I see something new..awesome eye!
Thanks Laurie, I really appreciate that, I also really appreciate that you keep up on my work!! Thank You!
Hey Rob, great shoot! #2 is awesome, love the wide angle and the composition is perfect!
wow way to rock the grounds! Each shot kind of kept me on my toes, the compositions were unexpected and fresh, I love this shoot!
Love the color in the sun flare shot, I'm sure you're surprised I am drawn to that one! :)
Hey Eric, I wanted to do a really fun fisheye shot as soon as I saw the mascot on the field. The colors were so much fun and I wanted to capture it all. Something different. Thank you so much for checking it out!
Thank You Carla!! I have been trying to push myself so that I do not become "stale" in my engagement sessions. I had so much fun shooting this one, there were great colors and textures all around.
I totally love the sun flare one , that is actually one of my favorites, I got so excited when as soon as I took it. Thank you for checking these out!!
Rockin that lens flare I see Rob! I also really like the one in B&W where they are holding hands. Great job...and what a cute couple!
Thanks Danielle, I have been trying to really work on my sun flare, I love the look of it. To me it adds something awesome to photos once in a while.
Wow - this is a really beautiful shoot!
Thank You Amanda!!
oh man--nothing like having access to a cool location!!
The light on the very first shot is great---love that open-shade-glowy type light
Thank you Robert, you are right, cool locations are great and having access is even cooler. And I think that is a technical term, open-shade-glowy type light, I love it too!!
goooo owls! class of 2003! ha ha.
Nice work! I love the fisheye shot - a simple shot with a twist ; )
Hey Robin, I guess that you are Southern alum, that was actually my first time on the campus, I had so much fun. I hope you have been well and hope to talk to you soon!
Thank you Vicki, you know me I like the simple. I am so happy that shot worked out.
Again, good use of backgrounds. Great idea to take some pictures in natural field-- made for good variety :-)
Thank you Travis. I have a slight obsession with long grassy fields. I really love the texture and feel. You are right, it mixed it up a little bit. Thank you (as always) for checking these out!
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! Loved the locations that were chosen & the way you framed each shot. Nice work! :)
Wow, Wow, Wow. very inspiring work. Great job!!
Thank you so much Christy, that really means a lot!! I appreciate you checking out the blog. I hope you have been well!!
Hey Mike, you are an awesome photographer and hearing that you are can take some inspiration from me is a huge compliment. Thank you!
Rad session! You really have a great eye! Every image had me saying to myself "wow" I wanna see the next one. After the last one I was bummed that there wasn't more too see. :-)
Hey Val, way to bring back Rad!! :) Thank you so much for your compliments. It is funny, while I was shooting this session, the sun was really harsh (it was around the noon hour) and I was so nervous that I was getting really harshly lit shots. I guess I will have to go through a couple more and try to post some additional ones. Thank you (as always) for keeping up on my blog!!
You take very nice and elengant images. Great work on all of them. -
Nice album on the first post.
Love your work.
Post a Comment