7/16/2008

Keira Grace - The First 2 Days

We just got back from New Jersey where we have been spent the last three Days with our good friends Kathleen & Gabe for the birth of their second child, a incredibly beautiful little girl... Keira Grace. As I said in the previous post, we were there right from the beginning and I don't think I stopped shooting. These last few days were filled with so many emotions and hopefully the photos show the wonderful moments.

Gabe (the Daddy) is in the military and was fortunate enough to be able to come home (he has been deployed for training - he goes to Iraq in a couple of months) to be there for the birth of Keira and spend some time helping his family get used to their beautiful new addition.

Here are just some of the photos that I captured both on Monday evening when she was born and on Tuesday when we spent time with them at the hospital.


While waiting for Keira to make her grand entrance into the world on Monday evening, Kathleen & I drove around to pass the time. While driving around the sunset over Union Beach in NJ was absolutely beautiful. I just had to capture it in order to tell the story of Keira's birthday.



Kathleen & her mom holding hands while waiting for Keira.



The birth was a C Section so the first time we got to see baby Keira was through the nursery windows. Here is Gabe showing her off at just minutes old. What an amazing moment.



Gabe watching on as the nurses clean her up and get her ready.




Keira opened her eyes up almost immediately when she was handed (by Gabe) to her mommy, Kathleen for the first time. She is so beautiful.



Mommy & baby.



Mommy & Daddy (Kathleen & Gabe).


DAY TWO



Keira on Daddy's lap still only hours old.





It is amazing how much hair she has and how precious she is.





Holding Daddy's hand.



I love LOVE photographing baby's hand's and feet, the detail just amazes me.



My Kathleen holding Keira while my mother-in-law looks on. Kathleen is the God-Mother to Keira as she is to Keira's older brother Aidan.



Aidan meeting his little sister for the first time. He was a little shy at first and was a little confused by her yawning, but it was so cute.



He did warm up pretty quickly though and reached out and gave her a big hug and kiss. Such an emotional and adorable moment.




Aidan made a painting for Keira as a gift and this is him giving it to her. So cute!!



Daddy & Aidan, there is no mistaking that they are father and son!! Aidan is a mini-version of his Dad.


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my - so much to say about this post...gorgeous sunset...love Kathleen holding hads with her mom - although I though you had your take your nail polish off with a c-section? I digress.
The 4th picture was where the tears started for me. Oh Man. That is an AMAZING image - the lighting, and his expression looking on to his newborn is priceless. She hs so much hair!!! Great job Rob, and Congrats to them!

Candice @ Jubilee Events said...

Congrats to you and your friends, Rob! The photographs are, as always, simply beautiful. What lucky people they are to have these precious memories preserved so beautifully for them!

www.fabuluxephotos.com said...

How beautiful. You did and excellent job. Love the ones where boy is kissing the little, beautiful baby :)

Eric Foley said...

Beautiful work Robert, they will cherish these forever!

Robert J. Trenske said...

Hey Vicki, I thought that the sunset was an important addition in telling the story of Keira's birthday. It was such an amazing night an do beautiful. The 4th picture is one of my personal favorites as well, that was such an amazing moment to not only photograph but to experience. Thank you so much for checking these out!

Robert J. Trenske said...

Thank you Candice, your compliments mean a lot! I feel so lucky to have photographed such a series of intimate events. It was truly something very special.

Robert J. Trenske said...

Hey Claudia. It was so great to see her older brother welcome his little sister into the world with a hug and kiss. It was such a nice and real moment. Thank you (as always) for your comments!!

Robert J. Trenske said...

Thanks Eric!!

Val McCormick Photography said...

Wow, What a beautiful story Kathleen and Gabe will have to tell Keira. The sunset shot is amazing and what a great detail to add when reminiscing about the day Keira was born. I got all teary eyed reading this blog. You did an amazing job on these. Did it give Kathleen T. the bug ;-)

Anonymous said...

beautiful shots Robert J. Very Emotional....

Travis Flynn said...

Good use of difficult lighting. You've captured many important moments.

Anonymous said...

she is absolutely beautiful!!! please extend our congrats to Kathleen, Gabe, and Aiden too for becoming a big brother!!! as always absolutely beautiful pictures! i love the one of Gabe looking through the window just waiting for her and of him holding his daughter and his face made that picture, you can tell he fell in love. :)

laurie said...

these pictures are beautiful... by looking at your pictures I feel the emotion!!

Robert J. Trenske said...

Michelle, thank you for your comments! Photographing a birth is just something that words can't really describe. As you know it is really an incredible experience.

Robert J. Trenske said...

Thank you Eric & Travis!!

Robert J. Trenske said...

Hey Laurie, it is so good to hear from you, thank you so much for your comments, they really mean a lot. It makes me feel good to know that I was able to portray the emotion of this event.

MIKE said...

Love this series, I got excited with all types of ideas for when my baby is due.... Great job!!!!!

Robert J. Trenske said...

Thank you Mike, I can't wait to see the photos of your new baby, when is the due date? It is soon right?